Patients' Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
If you have concerns or need help in a crisis, please follow the guidance on the help in a crisis page on the website, and if you are currently using NSFT services, please continue to make contact with your care team for support.
At PALS we're here to help when you need advice, have concerns or are not sure who to turn to for help. As a person who uses our services, a relative or carer you may sometimes need advice, support or information. Tthis is where PALS comes in. Our staff provide confidential advice, information and support, helping to answer any questions you may have about our services or any mental health matters. We can also let you know which other services might be helpful to you.
What PALS does
At PALS we:
- Offer a confidential service
- Advise and support people who use our services, families and other carers
- Help sort out problems on behalf of the caller
- Give out information about the NHS and other services
- Provide information and leaflets on a wide range of topics related to mental health
- Attend events to promote mental health information in the community
Our staff act independently and informally when dealing with people who use our services and carers. Where necessary we will seek the individual's consent to liaise with trust staff or other organisations. Our staff also put people who use our services in contact with mental health advocacy services if that is helpful.
If you would like to make a formal complaint, please contact the Complaints Team on:
- Complaints office: Telephone 01603 421486
We have PALS resource rooms with leaflets and other health information at:
- Northgate Hospital, Great Yarmouth
- Julian Hospital, Norwich – Hammerton Court
INTRAN (interpretation and translation services)
The Trust uses INTRAN interpretation. If you are unsure how to contact INTRAN for interpretation services, or require a Trust leaflet to be translated into another language or format, please contact PALS for further information and guidance.
If you would like to access your mental health records please follow this link to our Information Rights Team